Saturday, April 28, 2012

Most Memorable part2

So once again I find myself thinking about 'most memorable.' (Randomness: thinking about most memorable makes me think of yearbook and who was voted most memorable.) What was my most memorable moment? After listening and reading a few most memorable moments quite a few of them were painful, surreal memories. Jennifer the Charmed hospital visit, Ashley the Kicker of Puppies bike and car accident, Patient Parker bike accident, Cassidy Euterpe leg breaking. All of these memories were painful, surreal moments that all you think is 'damn' and probably a few other choice words. If I wanted to join in on the merriment I could share my dog incident(s): Over the summer I would be at my grandma Louise's house. I had a few neighborhood friends and my cousin would be there some times. This one day we were playing super Nintendo at one of the neighborhood kids. I didn't really like him, but it was either go home or go play Nintendo at the weird kids house. I voted play Nintendo since I didn't have one. While the boys fought over who played first, Hilliary and I rolled a ball back and forth. The weird kids dog came prancing in and sat next to Hilliary and I. I began petting him while watching the boys play teenage mutant ninja turtles. At one point I looked over at the dog, then blinding bloody pain. I had rolled back clutching my face. The mom was yelling what happened. My guy friends did not know because they had been playing the video game. Hilliary said the dog bit me. The mom was screaming for space. She had pulled my hand back. I heard a 'cool' from one of the boys. I couldn't see, my vision was blurry with my tears and one with my blood. The mom had grabbed a rag pressing it to my face. My memory blurs until I was sitting in the seat of my mom's car as we drove to the emergency room.
Once in the emergency room I found out that the dog had bit my left eyelid. The doctor couldn't give me stitches because of the location. So I was given an eye patch and antibiotic salve which I was to place on my eye every four hours. My eye finally healed, but the story doesn't end. About a week after my eye had healed I went with my mom to grab the mail at the end of  the block. The mail boxes sat in front of a yard with a beautiful husky dog which I had played with once before. I had wandered over, my mom saying be careful, I said don't worry. Next thing I knew the dog had bounded up, knocking me back. My mom was helping me up, something warm was running down my face. Once again I was bit by a dog. A dog that I had petted, played ball with once before had bit me. It was an accident; however, my parents went and talked to the owners. Beware of the dog signs were placed around the yard. I love dogs but after getting bit so close together I had an irrational fear of dogs at least until middle school.
That is one of my most memorable moments...          

No comments:

Post a Comment