I have spent a lot of time starting at my bedroom. I have come to realize that I am a materialistic person. Although this is a true fact I still love my room. Let's take a trip...
My door is open next to a blue mesh laundry basket. A six drawer chestnut color dresser which belonged to my niece stands looking out at the rest of the room. The top drawer has two knobs, two eyes that stare drinking everything in its view. My bathroom door sits ajar letting light leak into my bedroom. A plastic storage container that holds towels, that holds incense. A wooden stand crammed with movies, DVDs, starting with the letter M and ending on the letter Y. My movies do not end there another three shelf case holds my nostalgia of VHS cinematic adventures. The adventures that I went on flying into space to stop an asteroid from hitting earth, finding out my one true love lives in a different time line, and that my grandpas aren't actually that crazy even though they have lions as pets. An old analog TV sits on a stand that I put together with a hammer and nails. A VHS and DVD player on the first and on the bottom shelf a Nintendo 64 with a cardboard box containing different worlds in which to loose yourself. A white fan that stands in front of my make shift curtain. A pink geisha woman sitting crossed legged holding a green flower. A green velvet banana chair that I always wanted and found for two dollars. A closet door separating the chair and my bookshelf. Hiding inside my closet my shirts and holiday decorations. A green Christmas tree sits in the corner waiting for the Santa to come. Closing my closet door, rest in front of my bookshelf. My bookshelf contains books stacked on top and in front of one another. My bookshelf is full. I will need a new shelf or remove bits of my imagination. Another closet door is ajar from all the stuffed animals in front. Hanging off the door is my Koosh basketball hoop. I received as a birthday gift in 4th grade. Stuffed animals sit in the hoop and Bugs Bunny hangs off the hoop swinging on a tire. The closet continued holding pants, skirts, and dresses. On the floor my Lion King, Wall-e, and dragon comforters wait patiently to cover my bed. On my bed is a blue and brown blanket, a big brown teddy bear, A panda bear pillow, a corduroy bear, a little bunny, and a Tigger that goes everywhere with me. A table next to me with water, a book light, my alarm clock, and clickers. My walls contain a poster of "The Lady of Shallot", a lith photo of horses, a poster of a blue fairy standing next to a blue unicorn, two shadow boxes containing photos of my trip to the Bahamas and California, a poster of a red fairy standing on top a cement pillar, a poster of a girl in a graveyard, and a photo of my Tigger doll laying on my white dragon sheets.
My room is full of materials but also of my memories. Memories of the trip I won to the Bahamas, what trips Tigger came with me on, the corduroy bear that came with the book that my sister got as a gift, the bugs bunny on the tire swing that my boyfriend won at six flags in California, the banana chair I found at a garage sale with my 'lil sis from Big Brothers Big Sisters, the photo of horses that I photographed on a random drive out to Trident, and my full bookcase with all the memories of what I read and who I excitedly discussed those stories with.
No comments:
Post a Comment